All That is Stranger Things

I have a few spoilers, so just letting you know. But read on, if you must! I found the most stuff on Amazon inspired from Stranger Things. Be sure to check the side bar.

Stranger Things 2 is now streaming on Netflix. What a great show. We are all fans in this house, having been hooked since the beginning of Season 1. The show is set in the eighties and obviously pays homage to some of the great movies of that time. We loved the David and Goliath scene from season 1 when Lucas used his sling shot against the demi-dog. The background of each scene gave homage to many of the sights we were exposed to do during that time, like the yellow cast of color that seemed to surround you during that time, Hopper’s Bronco, Joyce’s Pinto, and of course a couple of vintage sewing machines. The music was great!! I admired how they were able to bring in the synthesized music to create mood and emotion in a very modern way.

The story line is in the early eighties and features nerdy kids along with one psychic kid as they go through one of the most exciting adventures traveling in and out of another dimension. I don't really want to give too much of the show away, but even if I did, I think anyone will find this show pretty awesome. In a couple of episodes, I spotted a sewing machine and an awesome thread rack that is totally tubular! I wish I had that thread rack. I could organize all my lovely thread by color. Where did they find all that cool eighties stuff? A green pinto that was just beautiful…don’t worry there was no rear end explosions. The Pinto survived the show. Hopper driving around in that Bronco and didn’t flip it once!! The ballerina jewelry box…my sister had one of those!


Holiday shopping is upon us and I discovered a load of cool stuff on Amazon with the Stranger Things theme. So, if you have a fan or two in your house, you probably will want to check it out. They have the sound track with all the cool songs from the eighties featured on the show, as well as, Stranger Things inspired art, clothing, dolls, jewelry, posters... Too much to list here. Just check out the side bar, I put a couple of links to these super cool oddities. I have some big fans at my house and just found some great Christmas presents!! And if I find a Stranger Things thread rack, it will be mine!!!

Comments